AMO will ensure that any personal information that you provide is used for the purpose of receiving and improving AMO communications.
We respect your privacy and we promise:-
- to implement computer and procedural safeguards to protect the security and confidentiality of the personal data we collect;
- to limit the personal data collected to the minimum required to provide a better products and service;
- to permit only authorized employees to access personal data; and
- not to disclose your personal data to external parties unless you have agreed, we are required by law or we have previously informed you.
- AMO obtains information from you in a number of sources including signups on the AMO website(s) or newsletter; email or retail purchases; navigational information about where visitors go on our website; when you enter an AMO competitions/sweepstakes/giveaways; anytime you submit a business reply, or complete a Warranty Form; whenever you contact AMO; and upon signing up at an AMO or AMO co-sponsored event.
- When you register on-line to receive our product information, you will need to provide AMO with your name, address and e-mail address. When you order through AMO’s website, AMO will collect your name, billing address, shipping address, email address, phone number(s) and credit card number (with expiration date).
- In order to improve our products and service AMO may request your gender, year of birth, sports of interest, shopping preference and product interest. It is up to you if you provide this information.
- AMO will only retain personal data for so long as it is necessary.
Use of information
The purposes for which information may be used by us in and outside Hong Kong include:
- processing applications;
- improving our products and services and business information;
- our operations, e.g., incorporation into our database, analysis, research and auditing;
- notification of AMO promotional offers and new products (and similar offers by our business partners);
- distribution of AMO publications and research materials (and those of our business partners);
- marketing AMO services or products (and those of our business partners) including (but not limited to) sending you information/materials via e-mail or mail about products, offers, blogs and news AMO thinks could interest you;
- complying with laws in or outside Hong Kong;
- legal proceedings, including collecting overdue amounts; and
- other purposes relating to the activities identified above.
We will keep the personal data we hold confidential but may provide information to:
- personnel, agents, advisers, auditors, business partners contractors, financial institutions, and service providers in connection with our operations or services;
- our overseas offices, affiliates, business partners and counterparts;
- the public, including persons enquiring about Hong Kong companies;
- persons under a duty of confidentiality to us;
- persons to whom we are required to make disclosure under applicable laws in or outside Hong Kong; and
- actual or proposed transferees or participants of our services.
Cookies are commonly used to facilitate transmission and to provide more useful features. It is a piece of data stored in your computer. We use these devices to find out more about the use of our websites and user preferences, in order to improve our services. We may share summarized traffic data with advertisers. We note traffic, pages visited and time spent. You are not identified. However if you agree by registering with us, we may link the information to you, so that you may receive information more suited to your interests.
You may set your browser to reject cookies, or tell you when a cookie is being sent.
Cookies are necessary for some features of the website to work, e.g., to maintain continuity during a session. If they are not accepted, those features may not work properly.
Hyperlinks to other websites are provided for your convenience. You will leave our website for another location that is not controlled by us. Our privacy policies do not apply to other websites. Please refer to the privacy policies of the other websites.
We will generally hold your data on our servers in Hong Kong. However, we may transfer it to our overseas service providers or offices elsewhere in the world that may be located elsewhere. By using AMO products and services (including our website), you consent to any such transfer of information.
Information sharing with Third Parties
As with any business, it is possible that as our business develops, AMO might go through a business transition, such as a merger, acquisition by another company. In such a case, you will be deemed to have consented to the transfer of your personally identifiable information to any such successor entity.
AMO has a company policy not to flood people with e-mail correspondence, but simply to give you periodic information so you can stay up to date on what AMO is offering.
Access to Your Personal Information
AMO will provide you with access to the personal information you provided to AMO by allowing you to view, update or correct your information. In order to protect your privacy during this process AMO will take steps to verify your identity before granting you access to the private information or enabling you to make corrections. AMO will accomplish this through the use of passwords and personal data.
Updated 20 November 2013